YAKIMA, Wash - An officer is recovering after being shot overnight near first and E street.
What exactly happened is not clear, however investigators say an officer was shot in the ankle and was taken to the hospital.
A suspect was shot twice in the head but kept running. Police used a patrol vehicle to stop him.
The suspect was taken to Harborview hospital in Seattle for treatment.
Yakima Valley special investigations has taken over the investigation.
Tri-Cities detectives are also headed to the scene to assist.
As featured on
Currently in Kennewick
- Ellensburg teen dies of suspected Fentanyl overdose, police say
- Tri-City Raceway Returns After 17 Years
- Kittitas School District may shut down due to outbreak
- What You Need To Know About Pets & Toxic Algae
- FALSE: Inslee denied all WSP employees' vaccine exemption requests
- UPDATE: Kennewick Detectives investigating the Downtown shooting as a homicide
- Postal worker finds body near Bateman Road in Benton County, deputies are investigating
- You can now invest in Dutch Bros on the New York Stock Exchange
- WA State troopers, other workers sue over vaccine mandate
- Walla Walla corrections officer arrested, alleged member of violent motorcycle gang
Sign up to get breaking news, weather forecasts, and more in your email inbox.