SEATTLE (AP) — The Seattle Space Needle has sued a local coffee chain for using its trademarked logo in coffee shop branding and merchandise. The logo for Local Coffee Spot features a mug of hot coffee with rising steam bearing a resemblance to the iconic tower’s own logo. The Space Needle’s owner says the coffee shop’s logo copies a trademarked design, and filed a lawsuit in federal court. Karen Olson, head of Space Needle operations and marketing, said the legal action is unusual. Beau McKeon, co-owner of Local Coffee Spot, says he can’t believe the venture he started as a way to employ people during the pandemic has drawn a lawsuit.
Copyright 2022 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.
Currently in Kennewick
- Racial slur spray painted along a Kennewick trail
- Kennewick man accused of using social media to rape underage victims
- Washington state license plates prices increase July 1
- One man is dead after rafting near Horn Rapids
- WSP catches racer going over 140 mph
- Owner of Just Joel's charged with assault
- DOH suspends nurse's license after Benton County assault
- Fourth of July events in Tri-Cities, Yakima, NE Oregon and more
- Homeowner knocks down basement fire before calling KFD
- Yakima's MarJon Beauchamp Drafted by Milwaukee
Sign up to get breaking news, weather forecasts, and more in your email inbox.