YAKIMA, WA - The Yakima County Sheriff's Office says retired Sheriff Brian Winter passed away today.
Currently in Kennewick
Astria Regional Medical Center in Yakima has officially closed its doors. NBC Right Now had spoke with now-former employees and families impacted by the abrupt closure.
Authorities believe a body found down a Klickitat County cliff bank is a Yakima woman who has been missing since her Wapato apartment went up in flames in November.
An arrest warrant is out for the man accused of killing two people whose bodies were found burned in a hop field in Moxee.
YAKIMA, WA - The Yakima County Sheriff's Deputies arrested a 27-year-old Sunnyside man after he lead them on a car chase in Yakima County early Thursday morning.
Prosecutors say they won’t press charges against a teenage boy who fatally stabbed another teenager at an eastern Washington mall last summer.
Two people, one of them a 4-year-old, were taken to the hospital after a car left the roadway and hit a tree in Yakima County.
A state Fish and Wildlife officer caught a 24-year-old raping a 14-year-old girl in his car at Harlan Landing near Selah on Saturday.
By most accounts, the initial Downtown Yakima Small Business Saturday was a substantial success, providing the framework for even bigger years ahead.
Late Private Virgil L. Hamock of the US Army in WWII was posthumously awarded a Purple Heart and Bronze Star on Wednesday, December 11.
Once again during the second week of December, local ranchers, feeders, Agri Beef representatives and other volunteers will distribute beef, along with other fresh foods, to those in need at Mobile Markets in Toppenish, Yakima and Ellensburg.
The skeletal remains found between Wapato and Toppenish have been identified as 58-year-old Yakama Nation Tribal member Anthony Wahsise Sr., the Yakima County Sheriff's Office says.
- Candlelight vigil held for murder-suicide victims in Selah
- Pendleton couple finds pre-Prohibition era whiskey bottles hidden in their bed and breakfast
- Proposed bill would create 32-hour workweeks in the state of Washington
- "It was 9 feet tall and a thousand pounds"; man shares his Bigfoot experience after viral post about sighting
- Washington man has first reported US case of Wuhan coronavirus
- Police: Mom admits to killing three young children in Phoenix
- Neighborhood voices concerns about potential supportive housing in Pasco
- 20-year-old man wanted for fatally shooting two people because one wouldn't give back his phone
- One suspect arrested in deadly Seattle shooting, two others remain on the run
- Yakima man turns himself in after allegedly breaking into resident's home